Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A New Lesson For The New Year 2011




Confession Of A Fellow Traveller:

Many a time I tried,
Futile, the efforts were.
'It is possible' - I believed,
Only to find it was not.
In vain went my affirmations,
A thousand times.
Towards 'that' motive,
Without any gain,
Moving was I,
Wondering "why"?
Shocked was I,
At the irony,
Or what seemed so.
Still kept I, saying,
It is possible... it is possible.
Hard was the road,
Yet kept I - trying,
Determined and set,
Going after it,
Dodging the failures en route,
Having taught never to give up,
Pressing on, I moved,
Like a warrior thumping forward,
Reminding myself of 'that' motive,
In eager anticipation,
At times resting,
Only to resume the course,
To get to 'that' goal,
Enduring severe blows,
Failures failing to stop me,
Cruising forward was I,
Still without victory!

One blessed evening,
Sat I down in solitude,
With my thoughts as my company,
Reflecting on 'that' which I wanted,
Asking myself where lay the mistake.
Then upon me it dawned!
The dawn like daybreak:
To pursue 'that' goal,
Always shall remain futile,
By continuing towards 'that' goal,
Wreck, will I make of myself.
Sitting still was I,
Gripped by the burning truth!

'That' goal... 'that' motive...
'To Change the other person',
Is not worth the time!
For goodness sake,
To change myself - I decided,
To work on me - I chose,
Then did I start tasting success,
A personal victory, it was,
A lesson did I learn;
To edify the self, is worthier and noble,
To build and refine our self is to succeed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment